Sun, 14 October 2012
Zounds! What Fun!
So when I started the show, everyone was like "HEY BEN! DO A SHOW ON THE HIGGS"
and i was like "No, it's boring and hard to explain and they aren't even going to find it anyway."
then they found it and everyone was like "Hey Ben! Do a show on the higgs!"
and i was like "ugh, I need to do at least four episodes. One on particle decay, one on particel detectors, one on the higgs field, and then maybe a detailed on on how they found it. but that's hard..."
anyway. So. here's a show on the Higgs field. It's how everything gets mass. kind of. we're in tip of the iceberg territory here.
Today's physicists are Tia Miceli, and Matt Buckley.
and our guest today is Greg Proops, The smartest man in the world.
Sun, 30 September 2012
well. here is a very stupid riddle: How does a very small mole?
if you answer it, send me an email and i'll send you a prize.
lets talk shop.
1) todays show is about quantum tunneling. it features henry Reich blowing us all out of the water with his high caliber explanations. It also features Justin Pierce of Wonderella fame. you should watch one minute physics videos and read wonderella. skip work today.
2.0) sorry about the sound quality, i'm still fighting a new internet connection. I'm doing my best, and i have honestly spent about 12 hours edting this.
2.1) at the end of the show is a lot of content that I threw into the appendices. enjoy.
2) Apple has a new podcast app. go see if you can find us on it? if you can't write us a review or something. I'm still trying to wrangle it currently. I hate it when things change.
3) maybe nominations for this year's podcasting awards are going to open up? maybe we should be nominated for the science category? maybe we don't stand a chance against those skeptics podcasts. maybe lots of things happen. getting on that list sure would make a lot of people notice the show though.
4) KEEP SCIENCE IN YOUR HEARTS!
5) If we get nominated for a podcasting award, i'll try to find a better (cheaper) place that sells t-shirts. then, tshirts for everyone!